What is the warranty for DualSun products?
With solar panels, there are two types of warranties:
- a performance warranty with respect to the photovoltaic performance, and
- the product warranty.
The first warranty covers the panel performance in working state, whereas the product warranty covers eventual product defects.
Photovoltaic performance warranty
DualSun provides a 25-year PV performance warranty.
After 10 years, we guarantee 90% electrical power output as compared to the initial power output. After 25 years, the power output is guaranteed at 80%.
For more details, please consult our Warranty Conditions.
DualSun guarantees that the products are free of any mechanical defect that would affect their stability and the proper functioning of the installation.
Two levels of warranty are offered by DualSun :
- our standard warranty is the default warranty offered by DUALSUN. It applies from the date of invoice from DualSun and covers the replacement or repair of the part recognized as defective on the DualSun panel, excluding labor and travel expenses ;
- our premium warranty, which is an enhanced warranty covering both the replacement or repair of the part found to be defective and labor.
The warranty periods are set out in the table below:
|Category D products||Spring, hydraulic links, etc||10 years||10 years|
|Category F products||Flash||20 years||25 years|
NB: Some products are distributed by DualSun and resold under their own brand (category A products in the DualSun catalogue). In these cases, the manufacturer's warranty applies.
For Spring panels :
The standard and premium warranties apply if DualSun has :
- received a valid commissioning report within eight weeks from the date of the invoice sent to the customer by the installer, and
- issued a warranty certificate for the installation.
The premium warranty applies if the installation of the DualSun product has been carried out by an Installer "approved" by DualSun (i.e. having signed the DualSun approved installer contract).
For Flash panels :
- The standard warranty applies in all cases,
- The premium warranty applies if the installation of the DualSun product has been carried out by an Installer "approved" by DualSun (i.e. who has signed the DualSun approved installer contract) and if the installation is less than 100 kWp.
Other important points to remember about DualSun warranties :
- The consequences of the warranties offered by DualSun are reinsured for 10 years by an insurance contract with the company Chubb (via a subsequent 10-year warranty that covers all equipment sold by DualSun). This means that even in case of failure of DualSun, the named insurer could take over DualSun's insurances for a period of 10 years after failure. Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded P&C insurance company.
NB: Subsequent Coverage is the coverage that remains after a policy has been terminated. When the coverage is based on the victim's claim, the coverage normally terminates on the date the policy is terminated. However, the subsequent guarantee can be activated in the event of the insured's cessation of activity, in this case DualSun.
- A dedicated technical team at DualSun processes claims from the field, and claims analysis helps improve product quality. This allows us to demonstrate that 100% of warranty claims are handled.
- The DualSun guarantees extend over large territories: in Metropolitan France of course, but also in all the French overseas departments and territories (which is not always the case with some of the best represented manufacturers in France) and in all the countries of the European Union, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, China, Hong Kong, Morocco, Tunisia.
How to ensure that your DualSun installation is under warranty
A completed and signed Installation Report is required in order to activate the warranty of your DualSun installation. The report indicates in particular the starting date for your warranty. The report also allows DualSun to verify the parameters of your installation and assure optimal performance.
|Installation completed by your installer||Send your Installation Report to email@example.com||Receive your Warranty Certificate||Enjoy your installation with peace of mind!|
How to proceed in case of a problem with your DualSun installation?
First, contact your installer who will put you in touch with the DualSun tech support team if needed. Your installation will be analyzed and an expert will study the defected product if necessary. If the defect falls under the conditions of the warranty, DualSun will replace the product.
What happens to a defective panel?
DualSun is a member of PV Cycle, an association that manages the recycling of solar panels. The panel will be sent to one of PV Cycle's recycling facilities. Learn more about the recycling process.
Important: These Premium warranties are valid since February 1, 2020 and the detailed warranty conditions can be downloaded here, you will also find the previous coverages.