In addition to its DualSun SPRING hybrid panel, DualSun offers a range of simple photovoltaic panels, the DualSun FLASH panels.
Thanks to its experience in designing the SPRING panel, DualSun has developed a thorough knowledge of the photovoltaic market and manufactures its photovoltaic laminates in the most automated and high-quality factories in the world.
From the selection of the factory to the shipment of the photovoltaic modules, DualSun relies on the world-renowned expertise of a third-party inspection office. This control office is present throughout the manufacturing process of DualSun's photovoltaic panels, which ensures impeccable quality at each of the stages described below.
The first step is to verify that the products to be added to the DualSun catalog meet DualSun requirements. This qualification includes three components described in the table below:
During the stage relating to the performance of the PV modules, DualSun analyzes the laboratory test results to ensure that from the first months after the installation of the modules, the measured performance parameters are in line with those indicated in the data sheets.
It is also crucial to ensure the long-term durability of the modules. Supported by qualified laboratory test reports, it is with this in mind that DualSun ensures that the selected modules comply with the safety standards applied in the target market. The tests carried out go further than basic market standards to ensure that when the modules are pushed to their limit, they do not present a risk of premature loss of performance.
The last part, specific to eco-design, makes it possible to distinguish which production partners have implemented a plan aimed at limiting the impact of their products on the environment. Only those who manage to demonstrate, with supporting evidence, that they are applying a plan in accordance with the requirements currently being prepared in France, and planned to be applicable from 2025, will be selected.
The specifications of DualSun photovoltaic laminates (SPRING and FLASH) are defined by DualSun, and comply with demanding worldwide certifications:
- UL (USA)
- CEC (Australia)
- IEC (Europe)
- SII (Israël)
The panels are then manufactured by an OEM on fully automated lines.
2- Factory selection
In parallel with product qualification, an audit of potential production sites by an independent agency is carried out. The list of requirements is summarized in the table below:
The factory audit mainly consists of ensuring that the factory workers master their production tools, assimilate the specific requirements of each order, and that the manufacturing equipment corresponds to the rules of the art: level of automation, line throughput, scrap rate at critical stages and implementation of strict quality control at each production unit.
The second step is an important differentiator for identifying the most efficient sites in terms of managing their supply chain, in particular through complete traceability of their production, including strict control of the upstream part, through audits. and inspections at supplier sites.
The audit relating to ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) was set up by DualSun in 2023 in order to ensure, among other things, respect for human rights and ethics as well as sustainable development. DualSun prohibits all forms of slavery, child labor, racism, human trafficking or religious restrictions within its company as with all its business partners.
Only companies meeting both product and factory qualification criteria are included on the list of production partners approved by DualSun.
3- Production inspection
3.1- Pre-production Audit (PPA)
Selection of factories through a pre-production audit
- Verification of the conformity of the factory's ISO certificates (9001, 14001, 45001)
- Verification of the conformity of the IEC durability certificates of the panels produced in the factory (IEC 61215/61730: design and product approval; IEC 62804: Potential Induced Degradation; IEC 61701: Salt Spray; IEC 62716: Ammonia)
- Unitary quality study of each component that will be used in DualSun photovoltaic panels,
- In-depth control of the entire production site by auditing engineers: components and storage facilities, production process and equipment, operator training, control process and equipment, finished product storage.
Any non-validation of the previous points will bring corrective action plans to be implemented by the factory before the follow up assessment. On the contrary the factory will not be retained for flash panels production!
You can find in the following tab the list of certifications and commitments of our production facilities for all Flash Half-Cut and Flash shingle:
|ISO 9001 (quality management system)
|ISO 14001 (environmental management system)
|ISO 45001 (occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system)
|ISO 50001 (Energy management system)
|IEC 62941 (Quality system for PV module manufacturing)
|RoHS certificate (restricting the use of 10 specific substances)
|REACH certificate (restricting the use of 224 specific substances)
|Code of Conduct documents
|YES, included in ISO 9001
|YES, included in ISO 9001
|Health and Safety Policy or Statement
|CSR (corporate social responsibility) statement/process/policy
|SA 8000 certificate
|SA 8000 certificate
|External CSR reports made
|Yes, Sustainable Development Report
Yes, Sustainable Development Report
|Fair labor statement
|YES, Anti-discrimination Management Control Procedure
YES, Anti-discrimination Management Control Procedure
3.2- Production Supervision (PS) 24/7
- Review of components and production processes according to DualSun certifications and technical specifications
- Full production monitoring (24/7) by auditors physically present during production: process, quality control
- Complete flashlist analysis of DualSun photovoltaic panels produced and validation of the power class.
3.3- Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI)
- Random selection of module batches for complete visual inspection
- Random selection of 10 modules per production batch for additional laboratory performance and reliability testing
4- Container Loading Check (CLC): Container loading check
Monitoring the loading conditions of all pallets into the containers to ensure that there are no shocks or packaging defects
Monitoring of the allocation of serial numbers, batch numbers and pallet numbers by containers
Compliance with container loading plans with assurance that pallets are maintained to avoid any damage during container transport until delivery to our warehouses
Verification of individual container closures with installation of a traceable seal
5- Random quality control
Random control of the panels at the DualSun factory in France (Jujurieux)
- The containers of DualSun photovoltaic panels are delivered to the DualSun factory (located in Jujurieux, in the Ain region) where the SPRING panels are produced.
- They are then randomly checked by DualSun (picking) by a dielectric test (which is part of the IEC 61215 standard). This test verifies the good electrical insulation between the conductive elements and the module frame. This guarantees the safety of the users.
Examples of tolerances in quality controls: tolerance on cell homogeneity
We ask to respect the use of a uniform color grade on all of our productions. But perfect homogeneity is difficult to guarantee depending on the production batches because the cell suppliers, although all certified, can vary. To reduce the risk as much as possible we try to work as much as possible with the same factories and same supplier of cells.