How to configure the OEG KSW-E solar station?
1- Control wiring
The solar circulator (R2), the lower tank temperature sensor (T2) and the regulation power supply are pre-wired.
The panel outlet temperature sensor (T1) must be connected to terminal 1 and ground as shown in the following diagram.
The electrical connection diagram and the hydraulic diagram are taken from the KSW-E regulation user manual.
- The regulation is supplied by connecting the two phases of the network to N (21) and L (22), the grounding is done on the green earth bar.
- The temperature probe panel output re is connected to T1(1) and GND (no polarity)
- The tank bottom temperature sensor is connected to T2(2) and GND (no polarity)
- The circulation pump supply the two phases (28) and (N) and earth on the green contactor.
- The circulation pump control signal is connected in this way; the white wire on Y2 (terminal 10), black wire on GND.
2 - Commissioning of the hydraulic circuit
1. Return shut-off ball valve with built-in thermometer and anti-thermosiphon valve
3. Pressure gauge and expansion tank drain
Robinet à bille fermé = ball valve closed
Remplissage = filling
tuyau flexible de départ de la station de remplissage/rinçage = flexible filling/rinsing station outlet hose
Tuyau flexible de retour de la station de remplissage rinçage = flexible filling/rinsing station inlet hose
Vidange = Emptying
For filling and degassing the solar system, you can, for example, use a solar filling station with a volume flow of 12 l/min and a delivery height of 50 m.
- Make sure that the solar liquid is filled only in a clean tank.
- Vent the flexible hose from the station.
- Connect the flexible hose as shown below with the pump group.
- Close the valve on the flow meter so that the cavity on the ball valve flow meter is in a horizontal position (see illustration).
Fonctionnement normal - Vanne à boisseau sphérique = Normal operation - ball valve
Entretien - Vanne à boisseau sphérique fermée = servicing - ball valve closed
- Start the pump and open the shut-off valve in the flow and return. Check the glycol level in the filling station reservoir. Add fluid, if needed. The solar liquid must circulate for at least 30 minutes before the transparent flexible tube at the back of the filling station no longer indicates air bubbles in the solar liquid.
- During this time, check the tightness of the system.
- After checking that the solar liquid returns clearly to the tank, you should continue with the so-called "water hammer". The return valve must be closed when the pump on the filling station is running. The pressure gauge on the pump set indicates an increase in pressure. This gradual increase in pressure demonstrates that there is no air coming out of the solar system. A rapid opening of the return valve causes a drop in pressure. Repeat this procedure until the pressure quickly reaches the maximum value of 1.5 bar + H/10 after closing the return valve.
Direction d’écoulement = liquid flow direction
Robinet à Bille ouvert = ball valve open
- Remove the flexible pipes from the solar station, put the regulating valve on the flow meter in a vertical position, close the shut-off valves on the flow meter (seeillustration). The pump group is now ready for flow adjustment.The flow rate is read on the lower edge of the float.
Unlike the DualSun solar station, it is not necessary during commissioning to close the blue valve (ball valve no. 2).
3 - Flow adjustment
The flow adjustment is carried out in two stages.
- Pump Circulation Speed Changes
It is important to reduce the circulation speed of the pump to improve its life. For this it is necessary to force the circulation using the manual mode of the regulation.
Manual mode is located in the operating mode menu which has the “Power” symbol (see 4 - Access path for the settings)
Once the pump is running, go to the service parameter menu symbolized by an “S”, a wrench, and a screwdriver. Then on S3 “RPM regulation setting, then on parameter S3.5 which must be reduced to 70%
- Flow reduction using the flow meter needle
Once the circulation speed has been reduced using the regulation, it is necessary to carry out a finer adjustment of the flow by closing the ball valve of the flow meter. The latter activates a valve that will reduce the flow.The flow rate is read on the lower edge of the float.
4 - Access path for settings
You can watch the video for setting the menus of the OEG KSW-E regulation
Parameters de la regulation = solar station settings
Différences et hystérèse = delta and hysteresis
The factory code to modify these parameters is “0001”
The start differential is set by default at 12°C, it must be changed to 6°
The standstill differential is set by default to 4°C, it must be changed to 2°
Langue = Language
Heure et date = time and date
Manual mode for flow adjustment
Mode de fonctionnement = Operating mode
Fonctionnement automatique = automatic mode
Arret de la regulation = stop
Fonctionnement manuel = manual mode
Maximum pump speed
S = working settings
S1 = basic settings
S2 = other settings
S3= RPM regulation configuration
|Setting||Fonction description||Parameter description||Setting range||
|S3.5||MAX. PWM/ 0-10 V OF SOLAR PUMP R2||Setting the maximum speed of the R2 pump.
The setting only affects the speed regulation of the low consumption circulation pump.
|60 + 100%||
For more information regardingthe OEG KSW-E solar station, we invite you to consult user guide.