How to calculate the heat input of SPRING panels?
The caloric contribution of the DualSun SPRING panels on a solar tank or swimming pool is calculated using the formula for the amount of heat.
The input data are:
- The temperature difference between the inlet and the outlet of the panels
- The volume of fluid transported through the panels
- The heat capacity of this same fluid (i.e. the amount of thermal energy it can transport)
The formula for the amount of heat is as follows Q=mCpT
- Q in J
- m mass of the fluid in kg (i.e.m=Dhuse),
- Cpmass heat capacity of the fluid in J.kg-1.K-1
- T = T°panel output-T°panel entry
Cp 40% glycol water = 3.5 J.kg-1.K-1
Cp salt or chlorinated water = 4 J.kg-1.K-1
To learn more about the actual performance of our panels, you can consult our blog.